Thursday, August 22, 2013

Two Practices To Be Most Beneficial

I think the loving kindness and the mediation ones have been the most beneficial to me.  I liked the loving kindness because it reminded me that if I want someone to be loving and kind to me, I must first be loving and kind to them.  I must remember that there are other people out there in the world who are suffering while I am truly blessed.  What can I do to help them or make an impact in the community where I live.  I want people to look at me and see that I am loving and kind.

The second is mediation.  This type of practice makes me take a step back from daily life and be still.  It makes my mind rest, my body and my spirit.  I can reflect on good thoughts and experiences and store them away for future needs.

I have enjoyed this class, and I sincerely think it will help me when I go to deal with people and their health and nutrition issues.



Ann

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,

    I think it is so important for all of us to remind ourselves of how blessed we truly are. We always seem to forget others go through far worse on a regular basis.

    Wish you the best!

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,

    It is certainly good to count your blessing and remind ourselves how fortunate we are to have good health among other things. I think the meditation practice is a great way to focus on those very things. We touched just on the Buddhist traditions of meditation this term, but there are numerous ways one can meditate, and meditating on all the blessings in your life is a great way to practice thankfulness on a daily basis. It reminds us to reach out to others in our abundance.

    You have an amazing story and I look forward to following your other blogs outside of class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Liza and Sheila. Are the both of you going to keep up your blogs to follow? Or stop:)

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann,
    I found the two same exercises to be the most beneficial to me. The more grateful are of the things they have the more likely they are to continue on a path of good happenings. How do you think that the visualization actually works? Is it just a change of attitude towards life or something more? My meditation consists of reading the Bible and giving my concerns to God. It has lifted the burden off of my shoulders and now He is in control of it.
    ~Julia:)

    ReplyDelete