Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 10, Update on Goals


Below are my initial goals.  Now, time for the update:

Spiritual, I would say that I went up a number to a strong 7.  I am trying to focus my spirit a little better, have some loving kindness thrown in there on a regular basis, relax in my spirit and a little more open to mediation, in the sense that I will be more relaxed and calm abiding.

Mental Health-  I would by no means say that my self esteem has jumped, but I do feel a bit more confident in myself.  I think my CrossFit class has helped in that area, making me away that yes I can do something that I didn't think I could ever do.

I have not lost the 10 to 15 pounds, but I am down 5!
I am spending a bit more time with God, but not the amount that I wanted.
I can honestly say I like myself a little more.  By changing my eating (I am mostly plant based now) and working out a little more hard core, my skin tone is better and I feel better.
I would like to "run".  I walk very fast, but I have a desire to just RUN!  But at this moment I feel like it is jarring when I do it.  Does anyone else feel this way?

I have enjoyed this class very much and am looking forward to my future and yours!  I will not be updating on this blog anymore, but feel free to follow me on

Nutrition In A Pinch or at
Lady Loves Coffee!

Best to you!

Ann




Spiritual-I would have to give myself a 6 on this one.  I think spiritual health is just as important as physical health.  Always striving for that perfect mark, working hard to get at it, and one day, when I reach heaven I will receive that crown that I have worked hard for here on earth.  I build up treasures in heaven, not down here where the moth can get to it and eat it all up.  One of my goals from a year or so ago, when I decided to go back to school, was to be an inspiration to anyone and everyone I meet.  If I am not spiritual well, I will not have the strength somedays to get out of bed.  I depend a lot on God, for His guidance, His Word that I can read daily and just his presence.  I am always running the race, waiting to receive the high mark!  But there again, if I think I am a 10, I have nothing to strive for.



Mental Health-I have low self esteem.  I have tried the whole looking in the mirror and saying "your good enough, your smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like you" but I never believe it.  Ever.  My mother growing up would call me names, moose, cow, tubby...words of endearment that I am sure  of now, and no matter how much I have forgiven her (spiritual side), I can NOT get those words out of my head.  I think I could weigh 100 pounds and still feel that way.  Growing up in foster care, even though it was a great home,  made me feel, because I was, different.  That I didn't belong anywhere, not wanted.  I struggle to this day with trying to understand why my husband married me, why people want to be my friend, how I look, am I good enough for my son?  I REALLY need to get this under control. Who wants to come talk to a lady about how they feel, look and are worried about their weight and health if I am crying in the corner because I feel fat that day.  Um no one, that is who!  So in the whole area of psychology wellness, I would give myself a 3...nothing higher for many reasons, and nothing lower because, I do function on a daily basis...

Goals:

Lose this last 10 to 15 pounds
Spend more timing praying, seeking after God
Learn to like myself and then love myself.


Activities:

I think I will just keep doing what I am doing for my physical side.  CrossFit 3 times a week, walking 4 or 5 times a week, eating clean.
Reading my bible more, sharing my faith more.
I need to learn to relax when it comes to ME.  I am cool, I am chill, or I think I can be, do some yoga more!

The relaxation exercise made me nervous, I guess that is the best way to describe it.  I did not like the whole focus on me bit...felt weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment